Meditating this morning helped me set the tone to be a little more introspective and look at my intentions. I have a day to really indulge in this kind of positive - goal setting - introspection time. Later this evening my art group is meeting and I've been spurred on by that - now is the time to either commit to making work for a show coming in September or bow out. I want to commit and I have some ideas so I'm using that inspiration to find my next direction.
Now for a special announcement:
- My husband gets the best husband award. The other day, when I was so discouraged and feeling as if my shadows were descending a darkness upon me, he took the time to listen. What a gift to give to anyone. He helped me allow my story to come out and to be heard and now I do not feel as if it has the power over me. Sometimes it is humbling to be so darn human.
I've been reading and listening to a lot of Pema Chodron. I realized though that I had not been consistently meditating since my Mom had passed. It is time to recommit to that. I need consistency in many areas -such as exercise, creativity, vitamins - but meditation feels like a tap root to me and I'm going to start there.
As for this blog - well I realize I am a bit out of sync with it. I want to freshen it up and dust the cobwebs out of the corners. It's time to set a new intention for it. I'm not sure what that is - but I'll at least take steps in that new direction and find out where it leads.
Do you meditate? Or have a time that you sit quietly and pray? Are you like me - good intentions but sometimes lack of consistency? I encourage you to join me in this intention of consistency with it. Let me know and perhaps we can help one another.

