Thursday, January 26, 2006

Artist Date part 2

My artist date to Old Town was a fun relaxing couple of hours. I thought of bringing the camera, but I didn't want to have to worry about it. As I was leaving I thought another artist date could be a trip specifically with my camera in Old Town. I thought of Lorraine and her photos of Keene. As I walked around Old Town I thought wow it's appropriate that the week Cameron has us start to remember things about childhood I would come here. It was the biggest treat for me to go shop in Old Town when I was a kid. Now I mostly go there as a tourist with out of town guests. I did notice a couple of new chic boutiques that caught my eye and I may need to go back again soon.

After Old Town I went by The Harwood Art Center. I walked into the building with such determination that when my friend inside said "did you see the labyrinth?" I was shocked. I didn't notice it. Well of course I had to walk it once she pointed it out to me. I had a backyard labyrinth I created at my old house. My husband and I plan to build another one at our new house - but they take time so it may not happen for awhile. It was so wonderful to remember - my body just fell into a relaxed state. It really was the perfect way to end my artist date. I'll dig up a picture of my old labyrinth and post it here soon.